CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thank You Card & Morning Ponderings

Good morning Friends!  Wow, this is a first, I think.  I am never up in the morning.  Trick is, I took two sleeping pills last night.  Actually, I'm not really sure they worked well as far as putting me to sleep b/c I was still up til 2 something in the morning, but I stayed asleep once I was there.  I am up now and can't seem to go back to sleep, even though I'd love to!  My pain levels are still super high and it's been quite the rough go for a while.  It doesn't seem to be easing up at all so tomorrow is a doctor call day.  Wish me luck!  I am actually considering trying to get to the Mayo Clinic in Arizona because I can't think of anything else that I haven't tried.  In the meantime, I'm going to find someone to give me trigger point injections (those have helped before), although they are really painful, and also I need to find a good acupuncturist.  I have to give that a try too.  If I could get out of bed, I'd try some tai chi and some Qigong b/c I've heard those help a lot with chronic pain conditions.  The key is getting out of bed!

I made some progress last night and actually was able to get out of bed and create a card for my brother's birthday.  The card posted below is not it, however. LOL  The card I have posted today is a Thank You card I created and sold to a friend.  That reminds me, I need to get my Etsy shop really up and running.  I do have a few things on there, but not enough to really call it a "store".  You can look me up under Amy'sWay in the sellers search section.  There is no space between Amy's and Way. 

My sweet sister-in-law placed a wonderful order with me for Christmas cards.  She wants 22!  I am stoked and can't wait to feel better so I can get to work on them.  I have so many ideas, I only wish I had the new Jolly Holidays Cricut Lite cartridge.  :(  Can't find one anywhere for a decent price.  Ebay has 'em, but they keep going for around $40.00!

I have another dilemma and I'm hoping for your help!  I need a box in the shape of a book, made out of either MDF or chipboard, but not really wood, even though I'd take wood if that's all I can find.  I hear you can find them at Michael's, however, I can't get out of the house to get there, so I was hoping to find one online!  I've looked EVERYWHERE!!!  I can't think of what to search for other than "box shaped like book" or "book shaped box".  I've been searching for the past few days and it's driving me nuts so if anyone has any thoughts please let me know!  Also, if anyone happens to go to Michael's and spot one, please note the price for me!  If it's reasonable, maybe I can get myself out of bed and down there to pick one up.  I'd appreciate any help on this! :o)

Has anyone noticed how many awesome scrapbooking blog hops are going on right now?  I just LOVE those!  I hope to be picked someday to participate in one.  That is my goal!  For now, I will give you a little info on the card below and how I created it...

Recipe:

Yellow card stock cut to 4"x5 1/2"
The pretty blue part is actually a really sturdy kind of poster board thick sticker from TPC Studio.  I attached it with two yellow brads from Bo Bunny, then used a vellum sticker from a stack of vellum sticker quotes from DCWV and stuck it to the same yellow card stock, then pop dotted it.  I Cricuted the word "thanks" (not sure which cart I used) in black card stock and used black card stock behind the main sticker as well.  Easy peasy!!! 


Hope you all have a great morning and I'll be back soon! 
XO ~ Amy Jo

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Nice card. I love the colors. The blue is poster board? I am going to Joanns tomorrow and I will look for your book box. It is a small Joanns so I dont think I will have any luck nut they might know where to get one.
Thank you for your reply on my blog. I am so glad you did this blog and I found it!! I cant say thank you enough Amy. It really helps to vent to someone that understands. I could never take the strong meds you have taken. I am real sensitive to meds. I have been trying to find tai chi around where I live I cant even find one 1 hour away. I am going to talk to my doctor about acupuncture. I hope you find some relief soon.

AmyJRockstar said...

Hi Nancy,
The blue is a sticker, but the material is thick like posterboard. Thicker than cardstock, but not as thick as chipboard.
Amy

Post a Comment