CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

3:43 AM and the Clock's Still Ticking

Hi friends, followers,and loved ones.  I'm having a fitful night of sleeping, so here I am.  Been blog hopping for a while (scrap booking blogs of course!) and must say, they are a lifesaver!  Who knew the world of blogging could actually be very good for the soul!  I can't believe I've only recently figured out what all the fuss is about.  Better late than never, right?  Well, as you can imagine (if you read my earlier post), I'm super worried about my step dad and my poor mom.  Talk about stressful.  He's in ICU still and they sent my mom home because he can't have any visitors right now, he's in that critical of a condition.  Turns out he had a MASSIVE heart attack and it's Amazing he's still alive!  They said he needs to lose 75 lbs and do a major dietary overhaul and I'm so worried that he won't do it.  You know how stubborn men are! :p  He LOVES his huge steaks and huge amounts of food.  Not a grilled chicken and veggies man at all if you know what I mean.  I'm supposed to go to my mom's for Thanksgiving and that has me nervous too, because we are supposed to be having major winter storms over the mountains for the next few days and, of course, we have to go over all the scary mountains to get there.  6 hours in good weather!  This is part of why I can't sleep... the other part is   I have been developing a cold or something the last few days.  Sore throat like crazy!  Also, my shoulder is REALLY acting up and just won't give it a rest.  I've taken enough pain killers to knock out a horse so I can't consume any more, safely.  Just gonna have to deal with it!  Husband and dogs have taken over the bed and are happily snoring away.  It's actually a pretty cute sight.  We only have a queen sized bed and two pit bulls, my husband, myself and about 1000 pillows so I can get somewhat comfortable doesn't leave much room to even lie straight!  We do kick the dogs out most of the time, but I wanted some snuggles tonight with my girl, Lexi.  She is the huggiest dog I've ever seen!  Loves that in time of sadness.

I have another card making project to work on, and am looking forward to doing that sometime today.  I also realized I had a tiny bit left on my HSN credit card so I ordered a scoring board and the awesomest goo punch from Martha Stewart.  I have been looking for that baby everywhere!  And, they were both on sale.
How cool is that?  They should be in, in a few days and I'll be able to make snow for trees, awesome boxes that stack and all kinds of cool stuff.  Check out the scoring board video on HSN if you get a chance.  It's pretty darn nifty!  Never knew I needed one til I saw the video! LOL

Well all, I better get back to my blog hop.  Just thought I'd pop in since I'm up!

Love and Light and all that stuff!
Xo ~ Amy Jo

6 comments:

Heather Landry said...

Very cool about the scrappy supplies that you got on sale! I'm very sorry to hear about your Dad. I hope he recovers quickly. I also hope that your pain gets better so you can sleep! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog Amy.

Celeste B. said...

How adorable - the hubby and the dogs in bed (even if you don't have room)! I understand how it feels, except my little boy and girl love to find their way to my bed; and the hubby moves them closer to me until I have no more room. Love it! I'm jealous, I've wanted a score board forever!! I've seen the punch used a ton too! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment during the Thanksgiving Blessings blog hop!!! :)

Celeste B. said...

I forgot to say that I hope everything goes well with your step dad! My thoughts are with you! :)

Nancy said...

I am sorry to hear about your step dad .I hope he recovers fast! I do hope you make it to your moms for Thanksgiving safely if you still plan to go.
I know how you feel about you huggable dog. My Max( A 5lb toy poodle) Is just so lovable,he is a lap dog.Right now he is on my lap under the blanket. He never leaves my side And when I leave him he howl and sounds so pitfall I have a hard time leaving. He has been great for me. He loves me and doesn't mind if I am in bed all day as long as he is with me.
I hope everyone has a wonderful ,safe and pain free Thanksgiving.

Julie said...

girl i love the drippy goo punch!!! i used it on a ton of swimming and halloween projects!

Unknown said...

I picked you to receive the stylish blogger award stop by my blog to accept..
http://juicycricutcards.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment