CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day 3 Part 1 - Weather Changes

Good evening fellow friends and followers.  I hope everyone is having a great day so far.  The weather change here in Colorado has just about killed me today!  I'm beginning to think I may need to move somewhere warm in the winter or I don't know if I'll survive this!  I had a pain management appointment today about an hour away from my house and thank goodness, I had a friend nice enough to give up her day to drive me.  When you have Fibro and the weather changes, it will pretty much throw you into a flare.  Meaning, everything hurts about 10 times more than normal and you have pain in places you didn't even know existed!  I mean, I have pain on the outside of the inside of my elbows.  How weird is that?  It's windy and rainy and snowy and just plain nasty here today.  There is snow up on the foothills.  Now, don't get me wrong, I love the changing seasons and I like to lay in bed and look at the snow, but when it affects you this much, it's not so pretty any more.  For the first time in a super long time, I actually went to sleep at a normal hour last night and woke up at a normal hour as well.  Unfortunately I woke up with a headache that still hasn't gone away (3 vicodin later). :(  My pain mgt. doc put me on another medication for days like this so I'll give it a whirl and see how it works.  That puts me up to 5 different meds a day, not including my multitude of multivitamins.  Now that's a lot to swallow! LOL  If anyone has any questions on Fibro meds, don't hesitate to ask!  I have been on every single one that is out there and have plenty of experience with what works (nothing) and what doesn't work (everything!). :)

On another note, I have been itching all day to scrapbook or work on some cards or do something creative, but haven't been able to due to all the pain so I will have to postpone until tomorrow probably. :(  I did bring my Gypsy (digital scrapbooking designer) with me to the appointment today, but didn't get to play too much.  I have some ideas in mind though of what I want to do.  First of all I want to do Jackie's card challenge over at http://www.sketchesforyou.ning.com/ .  They have some of the coolest challenges and some of them offer some great prizes if you win the challenge.  I haven't had a chance to even start on any yet, but I'm signed up for at least 4 or 5 of them.  There are some beautiful creations over there so if you get a chance check it out!

The only exciting thing to really happen today was getting the mail.  I had ordered some artwork from http://www.etsy.com/ from the artist, thelittlefox (do a search and search by artist).  It came today and I was very happy with everything I ordered.  I just love etsy and have only recently discovered it. I must have been living in a hole or maybe I spent too much time in the rabbit hole lately. ;)  JK - actually, what inspired me to purchase from this particular seller is her interpretation of Alice in Wonderland... my favorite movie and theme of all time.  I purchased some note cards and some prints to hang on the wall.  Go check it out if you have the chance.  She is incredible and her creations immediately draw you in.  You can also see her work at http://www.thelittlefox.net/.  Tell her I sent you! I am planning on making a collage of the postcards and cards that I ordered.  I will definitely post when I have it all finished up.  Trying to get my creative juices flowing!  If anyone has any awesome suggestions, let me know.

Well, dinner from Jason's Deli is almost here so I think I'll take my break and eat, but I'll catch you all either a little later tonight or tomorrow if not.

Sending love and light ~ Amy Jo XO

0 comments:

Post a Comment