CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

Day 1 of Blog - Getting to know me

Good middle of the night to my new friends and followers.  Please bare with me as I have never created and stuck with a blog so I am just really learning the ropes.  I wanted to create this for a mish-mash of people:  First and foremost for people with fibromyalgia, like myself, to maybe get a little bit of encouragement in their day.  We all need that sometimes.  Secondly, I am creating this blog for people to learn all about fibromyalgia and what it's really like living with it.  This blog is for friends, family members and people who are curious in general.  Lastly, but not least, I am creating this blog for people who love to scrapbook and paper craft.  I am really getting going with this and it has kept me sane.  Especially on nights like tonight, where it's 2:00 in the morning and I'm not the least bit tired.  Pretty typical thing if you have fibromyalgia.  That's the good thing about having a hobby you can do at home in the middle of the night without disturbing anyone.  You might even be able to make a little money at it even and I know how desperately people with this condition need $!!! 

This is going to be sort of a diary for me and also a way of opening up to the world about the things I'm passionate about.  I guess that's what blogs are for really, right?  First I'd like to refer you all to my website to learn a little bit more about what it is I do.  http://www.amyjrockstar.com/ - I have several little hobby-type businesses to keep me going since I can no longer hold down a "real" job.  I have had to make drastic changes in my life and the job situation was one of the biggest ones and also one of the hardest changes.  I really loved my previous job as an office manager for an environmental testing and consulting company.  I felt like I had finally made it in life... was where I wanted to be and felt recognized for my abilities and very well compensated for it.  Amazing what happens when you just get to where you think you are supposed to be in life. :)

Now I'd like to refer you to a little place I work when I can.  It has become such a positive thing for me.  Check out http://www.shopcapture.com/ - It's a scrap booking store here in Fort Collins, CO where we hold classes and crops and I get to make the kits for those.  I get to make my own schedule and come when I can.  It gets me out of the house and in a happy mood instantly, the second I walk in the building.  I just love looking at all the pretty papers and stickers and everything else girly.  I spend a lot of time there just browsing even though I'm there practically every day and it's not a huge store by any means. LOL  I feel blessed that I can get out of bed to do that some days.  Some days I still can't get out of bed, but that is becoming more and more rare.  However, the recent weather changes have really been getting to me.

Thank you all for joining me tonight on my first blogging journey.  I will be posting pictures and fun stuff soon, just have to figure out how this all works.  I'd love to hear your feedback and comments and get some followers more than anything.  I'm an open person with a kind heart and I am always here to lend an ear, a shoulder, or a smile. :0)

Good night and best wishes for a beautiful day filled with positivity! XO - AJ

13 comments:

Angie said...

Lovely start for your blog! Keep your chin up. (love the poppy background:)

AmyJRockstar said...

Thank you so much! :)

Nancy said...

Hi Amy,
Your blog hit so close to home for me. I also have fibromyalgia fatigue and chronic. And I am also at a place in my life that I am finally truly loved and happy. Some days I do have the poor me syndrome but do try real hard to get over that quick. I understand what it is like not being able to sleep. I have a hard time with medications, my body just does not like them. When I was first diagnosed I tried lyrica and had a bad reaction to it. I cant take strong pain meds. The change of weather from fall to winter is a killer and the rain makes every inch if my body hurt. I am so lucky I have a husband that is so understanding and wants to help me in any way he can. I could go on for days!
It is so good of you to do this blog.....thank you so much! It does help to have some one that does know what I am going through. I do love your design but had a hard time reading some of it. The font isn't dark enough. I have started a blog not long ago ( I have 2 followers) for my card making. I have a cricut expression and it keeps me sane.my blog address is nancyiaggiscreations@blogspot.com if you would like to take a look.
It is things like you doing this blog and me finding it that make me realize that I am blessed. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy -
This is my first response ever to a blog but I had to let you know that I love yours! As you know, I also have Fibromyalgia and live in constant pain. I have to say that I am a lot luckier than most suffers out there. I only take a very small dose of a painkiller everyday and I'm able most days to control the pain. But, we will see what the winter brings.
I don't have the issue of not being able to sleep, thank goodness. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't. I'm so sorry for you all out there who can't.
I live in limbo everyday of my life and am finally realizing I need to find something that keeps me sane. I love Nancy's idea of card making. I think I'll look into that.
Again, thank you Amy, for this beautiful blog...we are all blessed to read it.

AmyJRockstar said...

In response to Maggie: Maggie, I would love to help you with card making. It is so therapeutic and so much fun. It's a fantastic outlet to let your mind think of something other than the pain. I will be posting some of the cards I've made and some recipes so you can do them at home. I work at a local scrapbooking store and you can come in any time and get creative. Thanks for reading. XO

AmyJRockstar said...

In response to Nancy: Thank you so much for reaching out and following my new blog. You have given me hope and faith that I am doing the right thing. I will post more in response to your comment, this evening. Thank you for your touching words. XO

AmyJRockstar said...

Note to Sarah @ Pink Cricut: Thank you so much for following me. I am honored! I love your blog and go to your site every single day. It's my fave! Thank you again, it means a lot to me that you're on here. XO

riley said...

Hi Amy,
Nice job with the blog. I hope that sharing your feelings and pain in this way is not only a help to you but to others that may be suffering as well. Thanks for your courage and creativity, Tim

Unknown said...

Amy,
This is great! You never cise to amazeme, you are such a multi-talented girl. I tis this is a kind ans wonderful idea ans I'm sure you will touch many people with and without "f".
So glad you are my go to girl,
I'm wishing you a better day tomorrow.
Susan

Nancy said...

Hi Amy and everyone, I posted my blog address and did it wrong it is nancyiaggiscreations.blogspot.com.
The last couple of weeks have been raining and cold and damp. That is the worst weather for me. That weather is major pain for me and the meds dont help much. It is amazing at how many hours I can sleep and still not feel rested. My husband keeps telling me we can move to a warmer and dryer place but.. I just cant move that far away from my family. I did move 4 hours away and sometimes it feels like I am on the other side of the world. I know exercise helps but when I have periods of exhaustion it takes everything I have just to get out of bed to take the dog out. I just cant get my some people to understand that I CAN NOT function when I am like that. If anyone has any advice they think might help PLEASE let me know. I cant stress enough Amy at how much you doing this blog means to me. I have been trying to find a support group but there is nothing even close to where I live.
gentle hugs hugs and more hugs
Nancy

Nancy said...

P.S.
has anyone noticed at how much I can go on and on....just like the energizer bunny!! ( and I tried to cut it short) LOL!!
Nancy

Jaleta Clegg said...

Hi. I just stumbled here from Stumble Tumble Tuesday. Thank you for sharing. Fibromyalgia is tough to deal with, especially when the weather gets cold. I've had it for 18 years, some months I do great, some I really struggle. It's great you've found a way to stay busy and active doing something you enjoy. It's easy to lie on the couch and feel sorry for yourself, but that isn't healthy. I wish you all the best with your endeavors.

Njeri said...

Rooting for you girl. Keep strong.

Post a Comment