CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

Monster Monday @ A Jillian Vance Design - DT Blog

Well hello everyone!  Sorry this is a bit late in posting, but at least it's up now!  Please head over to www.ajillianvancedesign.blogspot.com and check out the awesome work from our team and please be sure to participate in the challenge!  The challenge is to create any fall project. If you have Jillian's stamps, please do use them. If you don't have them, use whatever you do have and check out the great sets she has for sale.  You will want them all... trust me! :0)

I used Mini Monsters for my little monster and used the multi-part eyeball stamp from Jillian's store (this will take you right to the stamps called Eye On Halloween)   :0)  I also used one of the cute little phrases from that same set.  Now, I apologize, but I could not get the eye to look how I wanted with the patterned paper I chose, but eye ;) assure you, it is an eyeball! LOL I also used my awesome Epiphany punch to make it like an epoxy rounded bubble sticker.  You can buy the punches and the accessories at the Jillian's store too!  How cool is that?  You will see me using my punches often.  They are awesome!!!  So I stamped the eyeball round image in black on green paper (next time will use white... duh.), then I stamped the iris in red.  Next, I added the little veins with black ink, but it looked funky on green paper so I ended up painting on top of the bubble sticker with a layer of white and outlined parts of the eye that I wanted to stand out with my black zig pin.  To make it "hairy"  I added some of this amazing fringe ribbon I purchased at a decor store in Maine. :0)  Hope you all enjoy and can get the gist of what I was trying to accomplish.  Will make a better example of that eyeball soon because it is super cool when you do it right.

Now on to the pics and closeups...
I crinkled the background paper and used papers from the Cloud 9 Design Seasonal Set.  Love that set!  This is a one eyed monster with a spider hanging from his eye.  Sorry it's hard to tell what I was trying to go for here.  See the closeups for more detail. :0)
 Isn't this stamp perfect?  Love how crisp it came out!  Used StazOn Ink.  I just seem to have better luck with it even though it's harder to clean off.  Used the same fringey ribbon as on the eye.  The border ribbon is from my local scrapbooking store.
Crinkled and inked the background paper and added a cute little (inked) Halloween star.
Sorry, this is a yucky picture, but depicts the eyeball a little better, I also used a stamp from that set to have a spider hanging from my monster's eye. :0)  The paint and marker got a little muddled, but he's supposed to be imperfect.  Note the "hairy eyelashes" above his eye.


Well, there's my creation for today.  Hope you enjoyed it, even though it wasn't perfect.  Please, please head over to our blog to see all of the awesome creations that the other uber talented gals have made www.ajillianvancedesign.blogspot.com.  Don't forget to enter your own project for a chance to be entered to win some goodies!

XO ~ Amy Jo

1 comments:

Sherrie K. said...

Oh my goodness, what a creepy card! That eyeball is the best and check out that spider hanging. Great card. My son would LOVE it:) TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Post a Comment