CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Valentine's Day Cards 2011 Part 2

Hello everyone!  Hope you've all had a wonderful day and are winding down nicely.  I'm still all amped up from the fun steroids I'm on (for fibro, not for fun). ;0)  They sure do help me get a lot of work done, but man, the mood swings and inability to sit still are out of control!  Anyways, that's not why I'm blogging... I decided to get back in the swing of things and post some of the rest of the Valentine's cards I made for Valentine's Day.  I know, it's way past that now, but thought I'd get them up here.  Better late than never, right?  Please note that some of these are from a kit I purchased, however, I did a lot of my own adjustments and styling on them.  I did not have to cut out any of the Cricuted pieces or panels of paper or cardstock though.  They were already precut from the kit I bought at Capture, Inc.  Definitely made my life easier!  The last card, is completely my own design.  I'll give you the Deets at the bottom.  :0)

Love Bug
I Love You Bird
Nuts About You Squirrel
Stamp Closeup
Squirrel Closeup
Acorn Closeup
Banner Card
Happy Valentine's Day

Thanks for baring through all the pictures!  Whew, there's a lot there and I'm still not done with Valentine's Day posts!  We'll start with card #1 and work our way down to #5.  Only 4 cards were included in my kit, but I managed to scrimp and space them out to make 5 cards.  I'm very thrifty like that! ;) LOL

Card 1 Details:

All of this card came from the kit, but I did add red ink and Stickles! Stamp is from Pink By Design (PBD) for the sentiment. I also used my awesome ATG (Auto Tape Gun) and Pop Dots from Recollections at Michael's.

Card 2 Details:

Same as above!

Card 3 Details:

Same as above, but I did a bit more Stickles on this one.  "Grandson" stamp is from Technique Tuesday (also purchased from Capture, Inc. in Fort Collins)

Card 4 (Banner Card) Details:

Here's where I decided not to follow the design in the kit.  For whatever reason, it just didn't work out for me, so this is what I ended up with.  The stamped image of the flower (used on the card below) was supposed to go on here, but it just looked too full so I added a sentiment and the ribbon and called it good!

Card 5:  This one was created completely on my own.  I used the stamped image from the kit (but also purchased the stamp set so I could use it any time) and another set that included the I Love You.  The Happy Valentine's Day stamp is from PBD.  The ribbon I got as part of a mixed lot of ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  If you haven't checked out their site yet, you are totally missing out!  They have a fun blog along with challenges and chances to win awesome prizes!  Plus, they have great customer service! 

I colored the images with Zigs and with my colored pencils.  The heart rhinestone is actually a real pretty amber color and is part of a Valentine's brad set I bought (sorry, don't recall what brand).  I can look it up if anyone has questions, I'm just in bed right now, unwilling to move. LOL  The cardstock is part of my stash and I stamped the background with a cute little hearts background stamp from Stampin' Up with an orangey ink from them as well.  I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out, even though it's not your typical pink valentine.

Well, that's all I have for tonight!  I hope you all enjoy and weren't bored to death with my belated post.  It won't be the last so be prepared!

XO ~ Amy Jo

2 comments:

Celeste B. said...

They are adorable (who would be bored admiring these cute cards?)!!!!!!!!!! I love the details on little items like the acorn - SO CUTE!!!! You did a beautiful job, TFS! :)

girlia said...

cute

Post a Comment