CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Baby Sign - Announcement

Hi Wonderful Friends,

Today I thought I'd post a little project I worked on last week requested by a friend of mine for a friend of hers who is having a baby.  This is the first baby project I have ever worked on, but I think it turned out pretty cute.  My vellum glue didn't work as well as I would have hoped so it's not quite as smooth as I wanted, but it's still cute.  I'm putting up some closeups of different parts of the project as well.  I was hired to make a card, but I couldn't get everything I wanted onto a little card so I decided to do a little wallhanging instead and I am very happy I did.  Let me know what you all think!  Sorry the pics are all shadowy.  The colors are actually much brighter and prettier than shown here, of course. :p

Front

Back

Accordian Fold

Sentiment


For those of you who like the details, here they are, but I'm too lazy at them moment to get the stack of everything I used, so if you need further details, please leave me a comment and I'd be happy to find something for ya!

The sign or wallhanging, whatever you want to call it is 6x6" and has chipboard in the middle to make it sturdy. 

Supplies:
6x6" paper is from the amazing stack that I won from Jill at http://www.jillstamps.com/ - By far one of the best things I've won!  All the paper on this project is from her, including the paper for the accordion pleated circle.
Those adorable bears and the word "baby" came from a vellum cut out book from Hot Off the Press. 
The sentiment on the back is from a wooden stamp I have from ebay. ;)
The sentiment on the front is a vellum sticker from one of those quote sticker stacks that you buy at Michael's.
The blue ribbon is from my stash, labeled:  Spool O' Ribbon by Offray
The white floral lacy ribbon is from Making Memories:  kids trims
The little squares behind the sentiment are from a stash I bought on Craig's list so no clue where to get these.

Adhesive - vellum runner, tombow liquid glue, tombow adhesive runner
Crop-a-dile
Bone folder (to smooth the glue after the paper was applied to the chipboard) from Martha Stewart
Brown ink
Chipboard from http://www.scrapbook.com/ (great price)

Phew! I think that's about everything.  It's amazing how many things actually can go into such a small project!

Now - on for an ANNOUNCEMENT...

The winner of the blog candy I was giving away never responded so unfortunately for her, but lucky for you, I will be re-drawing either today or tomorrow!  Keep checking back.  I think I gave her a fair amount of time and SweetSue if you happen to see this after it's too late, I'll send you a lil something anyways! :0)

I'm off to the Valentine's Cards!  Have a lovely, (hopefully not freezing where you are) day!

XO ~ Amy Jo



1 comments:

Celeste B. said...

Beautiful job!!! I love the little poem; too cute!! TFS! :)

Post a Comment