CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

FCCB Challenge Me Monday's - #65 Summer Sun

Good morning everyone!  Today is Challenge Me Monday over at FCCB!  The challenge is to use a sun and don't forget, at least one Cricut cut on your project.  That is, after all what FCCB (Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog) is all about, right? :0)

So, for today's project I made a card for a friend of mine, but still haven't sent it to her. I got carried away this weekend.... Decided to check out Season 1 of GLEE for the first time and ended up spending most of the weekend totally transfixed on the television.  Anyways, got nothing done, feel totally guilty about that and back to the post! LOL  This is a long post with a lot of pics so I apologize in advance.

Sorry for all the pics.  Hope you have high speed!  There's a lot of detail and dimension on this card that I wanted to show.



 The full inside

The pocket (tag is able to swing)


 This little clip holds it all closed!
 Check this out - A Jillian Vance Design - I'm excited to tell you something new soon, but it'll have to wait for now. :0)  Remember Jillian's Blog Hop?  I got the stamps from there so be sure to check out her awesome stamps! www.ajillianvancedesign.com 

I decided to try my very first gate-fold card, can you believe it?  Well, I wanted to make it extra special and just hate to write inside the cards I make for some reason so I made a pocket.  Stamped a strip of paper with a notebook lined stamp and wrote my letter on that.  Obviously had to add some folds and put a little pull tab so she would know it's in there, but I think it turned out just adorable.  Hope you guys like it too!  Now for the deets:

As you know, I'm really trying to use a different cartridge on each project and really try out all my cartridges.  Right now I've got somewhere btwn. 50 and 60 of them and always want more!  In fact, I think there's only like 5 or so out there that I don't really want!  So to the point... for this card I used Campin' Critters because I just love the bugling sun.  I love being awake for the sunrise, which I usually am now.  I go to sleep between 4 and 6:00 AM.

I found the directions for the gate fold somewhere online and it turned out a little smaller than I was hoping, but still is cute!

Details:


  • All Cardstock:  Stash
  • All Patterned Paper - Stampin up that I won from Jill Coleman (Stampin in His Name) Except for the brown patterned paper inside, which is from Bo Bunny (available from me through Memory~Works)
  • Used Gypsy and Expression for all the layers (6 or 7) of the sun & bugle
  • Orange and gold Stickles*
  • Center of the Sun:  Glossy Accents*
  • Orange Ribbon:  Stash
  • Antiqued Edges:  Colorbox - Chestnut Brown* and another light brown*, red, Studio G blue
  • Cuttlebug Folder: Swirls?  Can't remember the name, inked it to make it vintagey
  • Martha Stewart Punch:  Forgot the name
  • Tag:  Memory~Works*
  • Glitter Brad:  Bo Bunny*
  • Zig Pen
  • Jillian Vance Stamp:  Have Faith stamp set
  • Pull Tag: Sticker from stash
  • Adhesives:  Pop dots, ATG gun, Zig 2way Pen, red tape
  • Wooden clip:  Stash


If you guys need or want any guidance in making this or one like this with a cute lil pocket, let me know and I'll put together a pictorial tutorial.  I've never made a video one before because I don't have a camcorder or anything.  I have a web cam I might try out soon tho if anyone is interested in me doing any tutorials.  Let me know!

Thanks you guys for checking in today.  I am posting this in a few other locations -- challenges and FB for Jillian Vance.  I'll post links below when I have them all figured out.

Now please go show some love to my awesome DT at FCCB!  Enter the challenge and you may be the lucky winner of an awesome prize!

Challenges Entered:
Getting Cricky - Face It
Gimme A Break Challenge Blog - #20 Anything Summer
Celebrate the Occasion - Challenge #19 Sun
Scrappin' Chics Challenge Blog - Sun and Inspirational Saying


XO ~ Amy Jo

*All starred items are available for sale through my Memory~Works store.  If you would like more info or to purchase any of these items, please contact me!  I'd be happy to send a catalog too.

30 comments:

Lisa Norris said...

What a great card...with lots of fabulous details! Thanks for sharing!

Lisa
http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

omgosh.. just love that sun!! wowo.. I think now i want that cartridge.. ugh.. i'm with ya.. i have all these cartridges that i need to use. you did an awesome job on the gate fold.

Thanks for playing along with us at Getting Cricky's Simply Sunday Challenge.

Kathy
GCDTM
www.scrappingfelkatz.blogspot.com

Kate said...

This is just super, Amy Jo! I'm glad you DID post all the photos as it's great to see all the details you've added! Fabulous card!

My Lil' Bits said...

This is just adorable! Especially love that sun and sentiment :)
Lisa C

Aim said...

Loved seeing all the photos of your awesome card!! I don't have this cartridge, but you really made me want it with that amazing sun!! Love your little 'extra' with the pocket... Bet your friend will really love this!! :)

Thanks so much for sharing your talent in the Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge this week!! :)

Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
Getting Cricky DTM

Larelyn said...

Hi Amy,
I love your card. This is such a cute cut from Campin Critters. You really made it clever with your folds and pockets.
Hugs,

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Amy Jo, this is a great card with so many wonderful little details! I know that your friend will love it! I really love the sentiment you used, just perfect!

Unknown said...

cute card, Amy Jo! That sun has a lot of bling! :) Love the sentiment too!

Crafting Misfit said...

You have done a wonderful job. I love your attention to detail!


Thanks for sharing at Getting Cricky!
Rebecca "Crafting Misfit"
craftingmisfit.blogspot.com

JulieK said...

Great job! I love all of the details- perfect! I love Glee too and could spend a whole day watching it!
Thanks for playing along with Getting Cricky!

JulieK- Getting Cricky DTM
http://jk-littlebitofbling.blogspot.com/

Sherrie K. said...

Love the details! Great card:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Just Me said...

That is some card. Very summery, great colors. thanks for all the details. Glad you could join in on the GAB challenge this week.

Sarah said...

What a fun card Amy Jo!

scrapperbecka said...

Awesome project I love how you put so much detail and work into this project! TFS
Great job and thanks for playing with us.
Becka
Getting Cricky DTM
www.creationswithbecka.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Great job on the gatefold card. I love it and that sun is so cheery Great job on the challenge
Thanks for joining us on Simply Sunday at Getting Cricky.
Hugs
Brenda DTM-Coordinator
http://createbyburffrau.blogspot.com

Kathy said...

What a great project, this is so cool. Great job! Good Luck!
Thank you for playing our Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky.
Hugs :),
Kathy - Getting Cricky DTM
http://the3esblog.blogspot.com

Squirlygirl said...

Great job on your first attempt at a gate-fold card! You did a fabulous job. I also hate my own handwriting in cards, the notebook paper is a good idea :) TFS and joining us this week at Getting Cricky!
~Hugs~
Becky-Getting Cricky DTM
www.squirlygirlcreations.blogspot.com

Maquel said...

Great job on your gatefold card, Amy Jo!! I just love all the details and I'm so glad you posted all those pics!! Love them!!

Anonymous said...

I love this idea, great job! Thanks for joining us at Scrappin Chics!

Adrian said...

Very cute! Thanks for sharing with CTO!

girlia said...

Really cute. I love that sun with the horn. Thanks for playing with us this week at CTO

Melissa said...

Very cute, love the sun, thanks so much for Celebrating the Occasion with us!

GiGi said...

What a creative card! I love the pocket on the inside and all the great accents! Thanks for playing at CTO!

Jennie Garcia said...

That sun is super cool!! I am loving this cart!! I want to try a Gatefold soon but I am concentrating in scrapbooking right now. TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

DIANA L. said...

Great job on the challenge all the elements really add to the nice design, Love the embossing thank you for joining us at CTO

Ashley Nicole said...

Love it! I'm terrible with gatefold cards. Love all the detail. Thanks for joining us this week at GAB Challenge Blog.
Nikki

Anonymous said...

Your card is so cute... lovely..

thanks for playing this week with us at CTO..

Ivette_DT

Kimmarie Baker said...

Your card looks awesome! I love the pocket in the gate fold. the embossing inside is so cool. Thank you for participating in our challenge at SCB.

Christy said...

I absolutely love this card! Thanks for joining us at the Scrappin' Chics Challenge Blog!
Christy
http://thescrappyredheads.blogspot.com

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Great card, love all your added details! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO :)

Post a Comment