CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thank you for your Time - card for challenges

Good late evening to you my friends!

I created an easel card that I wanted to share with you and enter into a few challenges.  My friend called and said she would like to send a thank you card to her doctor and the gist of it was to thank him for spending extra time with her, dealing with her health issues via email and over the phone, etc. so I thought, what better theme than a "Thank You For Your Time" card.  It just so happened I had ordered a bunch of time themed items from my Memory-Works store.  If you're interested in any of the items I used on this card, you can purchase them directly through me and first time customers get 10% off their entire order!   Check out our products at http://www.memory-works.com/.  I do not have a consultant page set up so if you find anything you want to buy (which you will, trust me), ;0)  please email me or comment on this form and I'll get you all set!  Their prices are truly cheaper than you can find in most stores and we carry Tim Holtz, Bo Bunny, etc.  I used Tim Holtz and Bo Bunny on this card and bought the items at my store!  I'll give you the details later, but for now, here are some pics.  I'm very pleased with the way it turned out and think the doctor will really like it.  Let me know what you think!

Front of card, tucked behind

Easel part

Bottom borders

Closeup of left side and top

 
Full view of card w/o easel part


This card was made with a 12x12 sheet of Kraft card stock cut down to 6x12", then folded to form the easel.  I added an extra strip to the back (3" strip, pasted at 1", so had 2" remaining at the top) to make the card a 6" square.  Without that extra strip, the card would have been around 4x6", which was just too small for what I wanted to do with it.  I inked the edges of everything, including the background cardstock along all the folds with Colorbox cat's eye ink in Dark Brown and Olive Pastel* I built the card from the bottom up.  I placed a  strip that  I cut from a Tim Holtz 12x12" book*, at the bottom of the front of the card.  Next up, I ran a piece of Bo Bunny paper from the Timepiece Collection 6x6 pad* through the Sizzix Texture Boutique (STB) with a cute little border folder from Cuttlebug.  On top of that I added a piece of wallpaper (can you believe it) that cut to size and tore the bottom edge for a more rugged look.  On the left side of the card, I pop dotted a rectangular print from the same Tim Holtz collection (Lost and Found)* and used stickers from the Bo Bunny Vicki B. Combo Stickers collection* that say "For Your" and I added a metal tag from Tim Holtz that says "Time", adhered with just a brad from the Bo Bunny Time Collection* so it could swing freely.  Above that I adhered a "Thank You" sticker that was from that same Bo Bunny collection.  I think it turned out perfect!  Finally, I decided to make sure that the easel would stay up so I tucked the front cover behind a pop dotted, zigzagged cut piece of Kraft cardstock that I stamped with the cutest Hero Arts Tiny Stamps that have the Chinese symbol for and words Longevity and Health.  Appropriate for a doctor, I think. :0)  I also stamped the two corners with the health stamp.  I used mostly my ATG for adhesives, along with pop dots, of course.   If you have any questions, please let me know!

Originally I bought all of this stuff for a very fun Alice in Wonderland project I have in mind, but I have plenty of extra to use for that so I thought I'd make this and as I mentioned above, enter some challenges.  Wish me luck!

Challenges:
The Altered Alice - Chapter 4, Week 4 - TIME
You Had Me at Craft - Week #2, Made it Myself Monday
Whimsical Wednesday - Week #7, Back to Basics (Cricut-less)
Getting Cricky - Vintage


* = You can purchase this item directly from me at 10% off the price on the Memory-Works website.




14 comments:

Misty Olsen said...

GREAT!!!!! I really like your card...I love the paper line too

Lynne Phelps said...

Thanks for playing along with The Altered Alice! What a great card, I am sure your friend's doctor will appreciate receiving it! Great interpretation of the time challenge!

Unknown said...

What a stunning card. Great idea to use the clocks to thank the doc for spending the extra time. I love all the papers! They give the card a nice vintage feeling. Love the chineese words too Great job with the challenge. Thank you for joining us at Whimsical Wednesday.

Hugs,
Stephanie

PS. A long while back you left me a comment about purchasing one of my large clothes pins. I wrote to you to tell you that I was not selling them but would love to make one to send you:) I did not hear back, so I think maybe it got spammed or something. Please e-mail me at sar342@aol.com so I can find out what type of theme you would like:)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great card!

GiGi said...

This is awesome! I love the clock and the embossing! Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesdays!

The Archiving Angel said...

This card is gorgeous! I am a big clock fan but the way you used all the elements together really works well. I like the vintage scheme and the sentiment. Great job.
Thanks for joining us at Whimsical Wednesday.
Crafty best wishes,
Sonia

Dana's Crafty Corner said...

This is a gorgeous card! I love the vintage theme.

ALSO, you are my blog candy winner!!! Please email me at Dtarchala@gmail.com

Dana
Danascraftycorner.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

what a great card! i love that vintage look! TFS and good luck from WW Design Team!

Cindy Beland said...

Super job with your card!Great details and colors,Thanks for playing with us at Whimsical Wednesday!:)

CuddlyBunny said...

Your easel card is awesome! Your choice of color and layer and just everything are perfect!

Kim H said...

Amy,
What a GORGEOUS card... not only the coloring, the embossing, extra elements but the whole concept! I LOVE it! I think your friend and the doctor will totally appreciate it! Great job! Thanks for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesday's!

Crafting Misfit said...

This one is great too. You have an amazing eye for detail!

Rebecca
Getting Cricky DTM
craftingmisfit.blogspot.com

Kathy said...

Amy, love the card, great vintage look. Great job! Good Luck!
Thank you for playing our Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky.
Hugs :),
Kathy - Getting Cricky DTM
http://the3esblog.blogspot.com

Aim said...

WOWZERS!! Another card with another AWESOME clock (I'm just lovin' the clocks right now!!) and more AWESOME details!! :) Love the design and style of your card, Amy!! :)

Thanks so much for sharing your talent at Getting Cricky with K Andrew last week!! Hope you'll join us again this week for the 'Anything Goes' Challenge!! :)

Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
Getting Cricky DTM

Post a Comment