CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

DT Birthday Blog Hop

Hi there!  As promised, here is my post for the DT (Design Team) Birthday blog hop.  This is a super special hop and I don't think one like this has been done before.  Or, if it has, I have never seen one like it!  I am not actually a stop on the hop, but the Vintage Heartfelt Designs site is!  Since I am on the DT, my project was to create a vintage birthday card for it to be placed on the actual blog where you will see projects from most of our DT.  There are about 7 or 8 DTs participating in this hop and each site will have most of their members posting a card so this will be a quick hop, but you will see many different creations on each stop!  Pretty cool, huh? :0)  I think it is, and of course there will be candy!  Please hop over there to start and view all of the work my fellow DT members have done.  There is a list of the participants on the VHD blog for you to follow.  I hope you all have a great time and be sure to leave those comments!

For this card I used some very fun tools.  See pictures below for details.
 Front of card
 Closeup of lacy floral embellishment I won (I'm sorry, but I can't recall from whom!  If it's you, please let me know so I can give proper credit.  This was originally white.)  Happy b-day and stitching stamps from A Jillian Vance Design.  More info on these goodies below. :0)
 Closeup of the button stamp from Stampin' Up
 Closeup of dress form from Stampin' Up
 Don't you just love that font?  It's a straight stamp that I curved on my acrylic block to make it fit the embellishment.
Closeup of the awesome frame (available to purchase from my store)

For this card I used the following:
  • Cardstock:  Stash
  • Printed papers:  The Best of K&Company
  • Frame:  Available thru me from my Memory-Works store (please ask for info!) - Crate Paper Restoration Collection
  • Ink - Colorbox Cat's Eye Dk. Brown (available for sale thru my Memory-Works store)
  • Embellishment - Handmade by a blog I follow.  I won it as candy and for the life of me cannot remember from whom I received it! :(  It was white and I used Walnut Ink from Tsukinek to make it match the card better and for an antiqued look
  • Stamps:  Happy Birthday - Stitches - Brand new set!!!!  both available from A Jillian Vance Design
  • Other Stamps:  Stampin' Up (Buttons, Dress Form - not sure which set they are from)
  • Other Ink:  Stampin Up' - Close to Cocoa and Creamy Caramel 
  • Button Stamps were chalked with craft chalk 
  • Adhesives - ATG, Pop Dots from Recollections
There you have it!  Fairly simple and sweet and for sale!  Please let me know if you have any questions and especially love hearing your comments!

XO ~ Amy Jo

3 comments:

Pammejo said...

Beautiful card,TFS pammejo1@yahoo.com
http://pammejoscrapbookflair.blogspot.com/

Ashley Nicole said...

I love the card. Beautiful.
Ashley
www.theglamoroussideofscrapping.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Amy I loved your card it is very vintage looking. I am so glad that you were able to participate. I know you haven't been feeling well, me either. Hope you are feeling better soon. Dee

Post a Comment