CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Lucky Leprechaun Blog Hop - March 17th, 2012


Happy St. Patty's Day everyone and welcome to Nicolette's Lucky Leprechaun Blog Hop!  This is a 1 day hop hosted by the wonderful Nicolette of Beyond Scrapin'.  You should have arrived here from the lovely Anita.  If you just happened upon my blog today or are here for the ***St. Patrick's Lucky Day Blog Hop*** you'll want to start at the beginning with Nicolette.

This hop is all about St. Patty's day so I have made a cute little card!  I had the hardest time thinking up something.  I had all the pieces, but putting them together just wasn't working out for me!  Ugh.  Finally, I kinda just threw it all together and this is what I ended up with.  I'm pretty happy with it considering how frustrated I was at the beginning.  I hope you like it too! :0)  Don't forget to actually click on the photos to get a better view!



Deets:  I used this adorable leprechaun stamp and four leaf clover border stamp (2 separate stamps) from Gourmet Rubber Stamps.  Boy did I have fun shopping over there!  The background paper & green ink are from Stampin Up.  I used a pre-made green tag that I stamped with a $1 stamp from Michael's, then faux stitched with my Zig pen.  I used a resin flower and fabric brad from my stash, as well as green cardstock for the card base.  The torn paper is ColorCore that I inked with Martha Stewart blue ink on top and green ink on bottom.  I finished everything off with Patina colored Stickles!  Gotta have that bling! :-)  Oh yeah, I got to use my new Seeing Spots Cuttlebug folder that I bought at Joann's through my own online store (click the letter J, then Joann's view more link, then "visit" to get there)!  I sanded the spots with an emery board to make them a bit more visible.  Love that technique!  For adhesives I used some pop dots and my ATG!


I hope you enjoy my project today.  I would love it if you would leave a comment and become a follower if you want to!  Now you need to slide on down the rainbow to Jamie!

XO ~ Amy Jo

6 comments:

rlovew said...

I love the tall leprechaun stamp and the clover border is fantastic- so unique.

Sugarlips said...

This is so cute. I love the leprechaun.

JustYolie said...

Love your whimsical card!! Very nice!!! Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

lmkindell1 said...

I love your leprechaun he cute, I had not seen him before. Your card came out quite cute.

linda
lmkindell1@verizon.net
lindashappyplace.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I love this! The colors you used work so well and just make the whole project pop! Beautiful!
Heather

Ashley Nicole said...

This is an awesome card. Love the stamps and the pattern. Nice being in the hop with you.
Ashley

Post a Comment