CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

Christmas Card 1 of 3

Good afternoon everyone,

Well I am still (forever) working on Christmas cards.  This one goes with a package I have yet to send and I have two more to do still!  I will post as I get them done.  I am attaching a picture of the outside and the inside of this one.  It was super easy, yet I think it turned out pretty.

Seasons Greetings Outside

Sentiment Inside Card


I absolutely hate it when you are stamping something with a wooden stamp and it gets moved slightly, therefore making it blurry, which is what happened in this case.  Does anyone have any good tips on how to avoid that or fix it?  I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Now onto the products used:
Card stock from Recollections at Michaels
3 Background papers from the Eskimo Kisses pad from Basic Grey (I absolutely LOVE this paper pad!) that I bought at http://www.scrapbook.com/.
The star paper was a cutout from a full sheet of paper with different tags you can use. (purchased at Capture, Inc.  The middle was white so I added a popped up Season's Greetings sentiment from another sheet of sentiments to that (also purchased at Capture, Inc.)  I also did some faux stitching with my red Zig pen.
The yarn (ribbon) accent looks like it was homemade!  I got it in a stash from Craig's list.
The big round brad is from Harmonie, purchased at Capture, Inc.
I then added X-mas red Stickles to the bottom of the square tag piece and inked the edges of the card stock with red ink that I bought at Capture, Inc., as well.
I used pop dots and my new ATG gun (for the first time)!

Hope you all like the card and have some suggestions for my rubber stamping question.

P.S.  Drawing will be held on SUNDAY!  Wooooh Hooo!
XO ~ Amy Jo

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Only thing I can think of is don't stamp directly onto a hard surface use a magazine or a mouse mat turned upside down under your paper/card to give a bit of a softer surface! Still looks fab though!
Hugs
Dawn xxx

Celeste B. said...

You did a beautiful job!!! :) I don't know what to tell you about the stamping. I'm new at it; sorry, I'm not much help! You did an amazing job though!! :) TFS! :)

Post a Comment