CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Valentine Card Blog Hop for Kids with Cancer Blog Hop

*I am in FOUR blog hops this weekend!  Be sure to check them all out!*

For the Based on a Book Blog Hop click HERE.
For the Four-Legged Friends Blog Hop click HERE.
For the Valentine's Day Blog Hop click HERE.


Good morning everyone and welcome to the Valentine Card Blog Hop for Kids with Cancer Blog Hop!  Can  anyone think of a better reason for a blog hop?  I sure can't!  I'm so glad to be participating in a hop for a great cause.  Myself, and all of the other talented, lovely ladies on this hop will be donating our cards to kids with Cancer.  

Liz with Decade of Scrap has decided to put on this hop to bring some joy to children battling this awful illness.  She has Leukemia and knows what it's like to go through the pain and suffering of Cancer.  I have been touched by Cancer in so many ways.  My mom had Breast Cancer twice.  My dad passed away from Stomach Cancer.  My grandma died of Cancer.  Two of three uncles passed away from Cancer (my dad's brothers).  So as you can see, this is a cause that hits a little too close to home for me.  Thank you Liz, for reminding us of others out there who need people to keep them going and keep them fighting!

If you have arrived here from Melissa of Timeweavers, then you are in the right spot.  If you just happened upon my blog today, please start at the beginning with Liz as we do have some great talent and sponsors for prizes in this hop!  I am the last stop in the hop today and I am offering a little blog candy as well.  Just be sure to leave a comment and please become a follower.  You must be a follower to win.  I will be drawing one person from all four hops to win a little goody bag from me. :)

Alright Friends, onto my project for this hop!  I just made a super quick, but very perfect for kids, Valentine.
 The owl part slides out from under the ribbon and opens to (see below)...
 Isn't that cute?  I just came up with the idea in literally one minute... I have these great little cut-outs and wanted to do something simple.  This is the inside and you can write a little note on the blue panel, as well as on the back-side (not pictured).
 Ribbon
Closeup of writing space.

If you are interested in the details, read on.  If not skip to the bottom, but don't forget to leave a comment and become a follower for blog candy!


I used a cutout from a 12x12 sheet of Fancy Pants paper from last year's line.  There are a total of 12 adorable valentines that you can actually just cut  out and use if you want or you can add to them, like I did.  I got an idea to use this, without compromising the back of the Valentine and decided to just crease it with my MS Score Board and adhere it to a piece of blue card stock.  To make sure it stays on there I added an eyelet by using my Crop-a-Dile.  Of course I inked all my edges first!  I added a little border strip from Fancy Pants to the inside, along with some stamped hearts from Pink By Design.  The blue ink is a Colorbox Cat's Eye pad of course! ;)  I just love those and have them in lots of colors.  Then I decided to add some printed ribbon to cover the To/From part of the Valentine because I'm not sure of the name of the child that will receive this.  I wanted to make sure the Valentine didn't just flop open so I created a loose ribbon (Celebrate It from Michael's) slide for it to slip under.  I used my ATG to adhere it, and am going to add another piece of cardstock to the back to cover that up and to be able to make my message a little longer.  I plan on making several more of these to send and I'll post the pics next time I need a Valentine's project. :)

This is your last stop on the hop.  Thanks so much for joining us today!

XO ~ Amy Jo


16 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Oh Amy this is beautiful. I do so love the little owl and the ribbon with the sentiment is gorgeous.

I hope you are well my dear friend.
Hugs
Linda xxxx

Ellen Jarvis said...

AMY! I love this card!! What a lot of fine detail you put into it! WHOOOO loves it? I do!!!

It's a pleasure being in this hop with you!

Fondly,
Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
http://cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com
E-mail: cardmonkey@comcast.net

JaniceA said...

Cute card! Love the way the inside is finished!
janiceaeschliman.blogspot.com

Leslie-kbgirlygirl said...

Such a cute card!! Love the owl!! TFS!

Hugs,
Leslie

Nancie said...

Thanks for sharing your super card...just love the owl!

Nancie
http://alittlepieceofmebynancie.blogspot.com/

Vicki said...

Cute card. You are very clever. Thanks for sharing.

Pamela Lash said...

Golly, what a rock star you are, Amy! Lots of preparation for these hops - love your card for such a worthy cause! TFS!
pam_lash at yahoo dot com

Beckie said...

Love it! Super original. Great papers and love the ribbon as the sentiment.

Be Blessed, Beckie

Theresa said...

this is so stinkin' cute!

Liz said...

This is super cute!!! TY so much for participating!!

<3 Liz

Amber J said...

Your card is so cute and creative.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Adorable owl!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Doris P. said...

such a cute card!! love your style of card and those pretty colors :) parkernana4@aol.com
http://mybugandmecreate.blogspot

sweetnothingspaperco said...

What a wonderful little card! So cute! TFS! xo Lina

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE owls and this is just too sweet :-)

Unknown said...

Love the owl!!! Such a cute little thing, I grabbed your button, it is now on my blog..you probably noticed it was there before, I am just redoing them with the blog makeover..you were probably one of the first buttons I had! So nice to see you at my blog, I missed you! lots of love
Naomi

Post a Comment