First off, I want to say thank you so much for your patience with me for picking a winner for the FCCB Cricut Crawl! I have FINALLY gotten around to that and the random generator drew a very sweet winner... #43 - KATIEO! Katie you are the lucky winner of the Paisley Cricut Cartridge. Please email me at amyjrockstar at gmail dot com with your info so I can get it right out to you!
katieo said... 43
I am so glad I found your blog. I love your style. Your card has so many elements and details. I am a new follower, who also found out recently the advantages of owning a Gypsy
Lucky gal huh? Well no worries, as I will be having many more giveaways and lots more fun in the future. Hopefully you will all continue to hang in there with me as I battle these health issues! I will do my best to post as often as I can and keep creating.
Now, onto the FCCB challenge for this week. This week is challenge #57 - Mom's The Word. As part of the Design Team (and for others who want to enter the challenge), the challenge was to create a card with the word Mom, Mommy, Mother, etc. somewhere on the card and of course at least one cut on your card must be a Cricut cut. Well, I kinda skimped on the "mom" word, but it is on there! I decided to make a card for my mom that I knew she would like, using her favorite color, purple. FYI, the inside is not finished yet. I am looking for the perfect quote from one of my vellum quote books to put in there. Below are my pics and details.
Mother's Day Deer Card
Mother's Day Deer & Butterfly Closeup
Mother's Day Border Closeup
Mother's Day Dimensional View
For this card, I had the original idea of making a card with a big "Mom" on there, but I've done that so often that I decided to go in the complete opposite direction and this is what I ended up with. I wanted to use colors my mom likes and she loves deer so I thought that was appropriate for a card for her.
- Cardstock - From stash and from Recollections, Used paisley cuttlebug folder on background
- Printed paper for butterfly border - Stampin' Up
- Deer and butterfly, butterfly border - Give A Hoot Cricut Cartridge
- Flower sticker & heart border sticker - Basic Grey, Kioshi element stickers
- Butterfly brad - My newest and favorite embellishment shop from whom I won awesome blog candy, Creative Charms!!! I have to give a little shout out here b/c if you haven't checked out this shop yet, you absolutely must! They have the most unique embellishments and the prices are very reasonable for the amount and variety you get. I was really pleasantly surprised with my first order and then I won blog candy there too! I will be ordering from there a lot in the future. If you head there and place an order please let her know I sent ya!
- Inked edges - Colorbox
- Pop dots - Recollections
- Adhesive - Tombow Liquid Glue
- Mom, Butterfly on nose details, eye of deer - Zig pen
Thanks, you guys, for following my blog and taking the time to check out my creations.
XO ~ Amy Jo