CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Challenge Me Monday #57 and Cricut Crawl WINNER!!!

Hi Faithful and Loving Followers,

First off, I want to say thank you so much for your patience with me for picking a winner for the FCCB Cricut Crawl!  I have FINALLY gotten around to that and the random generator drew a very sweet winner... #43 - KATIEO!  Katie you are the lucky winner of the Paisley Cricut Cartridge.  Please email me at amyjrockstar at gmail dot com with your info so I can get it right out to you!

katieo said... 43


I am so glad I found your blog. I love your style. Your card has so many elements and details. I am a new follower, who also found out recently the advantages of owning a Gypsy

Lucky gal huh?  Well no worries, as I will be having many more giveaways and lots more fun in the future.  Hopefully you will all continue to hang in there with me as I battle these health issues!  I will do my best to post as often as I can and keep creating.

Now, onto the FCCB challenge for this week.  This week is challenge #57 - Mom's The Word.  As part of the Design Team (and for others who want to enter the challenge), the challenge was to create a card with the word Mom, Mommy, Mother, etc. somewhere on the card and of course at least one cut on your card must be a Cricut cut.  Well, I kinda skimped on the "mom" word, but it is on there!  I decided to make a card for my mom that I knew she would like, using her favorite color, purple.  FYI, the inside is not finished yet.  I am looking for the perfect quote from one of my vellum quote books to put in there.  Below are my pics and details.

Mother's Day Deer Card

Mother's Day Deer & Butterfly Closeup

Mother's Day Border Closeup

Mother's Day Dimensional View

For this card, I had the original idea of making a card with a big "Mom" on there, but I've done that so often that I decided to go in the complete opposite direction and this is what I ended up with.  I wanted to use colors my mom likes and she loves deer so I thought that was appropriate for a card for her. 

Supplies
  • Cardstock - From stash and from Recollections, Used paisley cuttlebug folder on background
  • Printed paper for butterfly border - Stampin' Up
  • Deer and butterfly, butterfly border - Give A Hoot Cricut Cartridge
  • Flower sticker & heart border sticker - Basic Grey, Kioshi element stickers
  • Butterfly brad - My newest and favorite embellishment shop from whom I won awesome blog candy, Creative Charms!!! I have to give a little shout out here b/c if you haven't checked out this shop yet, you absolutely must!  They have the most unique embellishments and the prices are very reasonable for the amount and variety you get.  I was really pleasantly surprised with my first order and then I won blog candy there too!  I will be ordering from there a lot in the future.  If you head there and place an order please let her know I sent ya!
  • Inked edges - Colorbox
  • Pop dots - Recollections
  • Adhesive - Tombow Liquid Glue
  • Mom, Butterfly on nose details, eye of deer - Zig pen
There you have it!  My first, but not last, Mother's Day card for the season.  If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and as always, I love your comments!  Don't forget to head over to Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog to create you own card and play along for a chance at a great prize!

Thanks, you guys, for following my blog and taking the time to check out my creations.

XO ~ Amy Jo

6 comments:

Jesse said...

Very nice card love!

Kate said...

What a sweet card! I love the inking on the doe.

Lisa Norris said...

Such a cute card...I love the layout! :o) Thanks for sharing!

Lisa N.
http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Your card is beautiful, Amy. I just purchased Give A Hoot and now I can't wait to use it.

Addicted Scrapper said...

very cute!!!!

Tiffany said...

I have an award for you. Be sure to stop by my blog and pick it up!

Tiffany

Post a Comment