CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

FCCB Challenge #52 - Robin's Birthday, B-day Card for my Nephew

Hi Everybody!  It's time for another Challenge Me Monday over at FCCB.  Today's challenge is all about birthdays.  It's Robin's birthday so of course I made her a card, but I also plan on entering it in at least one more challenge before I send it out to our lovely leader.  :0)  - I finally got to use something other than the font on the Storybook Cartridge.  I think it turned out soooo cute!  Robin, I really hope you enjoy the card and thank you so much for all you do!  I'm so glad to be on your team and to work with such a talented crew.  Thank you for picking me to be a part of something so special.

Also, I created another birthday card that I wanted to share with you.  This one was for my nephew who just turned 10!  I decided to do another easel card and wanted to stick with something he's into these days so I was super happy to find a four-wheeler (or quad, as they call it in Arizona) on my Potpourri Basket cartridge.  That cartridge really does have a lot of cool stuff to use for all sorts of things!  If you have it, pull it out and look at it again.  I was pretty amazed that I need to make a fly fishing card and sure enough, there's fly fishing die cuts on there.  That's a very hard to find item so I really lucked out!

Anyways please join me all in wishing the lovely Robin a super happy birthday!  Come on over and join in the challenge so you can enter for the blog candy and let me know what you think of the cards!  Here we go...

Full Card

Close up of Alphabet Dots

Close up of Flower Cut and Brad

The details for this card are as follows:
It is a 6" square with plain white card stock.
All other paper I got from my friend Jill Coleman at Stampin In His Name.  She is a Stampin' Up Consultant and the reason I shop with her is because I won some awesome blog candy from her site. :0)
The white background lace is from RRR.  Their selection and prices are fantastic!
The cute little flower brad is from a kit I purchased on ebay.  Not sure what brand it is. :(
I have tons and tons of those little alphabet dots from Scrapworks Alphadotz.  Got them all from ebay kits.
I inked using Cat's Eye Ink (Available from me for $2.00 each.  Email or comment if interested.)  I also added some pretty rhinestone bling.  Not sure of the brand though.  I punched the corners with a corner punch that I've had forever and finally got some use out of that little guy!
Of course I used some mini pop dots and my ATG gun along with red tape adhesive.  If you have any questions or need any further directions, feel free to holler! 

I am posting this for the challenge and also for the challenge over at Crafting With Cristina before I send it off to Robin.  :0)

Next I have the card I created for my nephew...
Full Easel Picture

Top Part of Easel

For this card, as I mentioned above, I used the Potpourri Basket Cartridge.  I cut the background paper from stuff I had in my stash.  How perfect is that for looking like a dirt track road?  I was stoked that I had it handy.  The rest is just cardstock also from my stash.  I used stickles and glossy accents and believe it or not, lots of pop dots!  Wish I would have taken some better side shots to show that.  Of course I inked everything with Cat's Eye ink and the chalk ink you find at Michael's in the $1 bin.  I also popped up the tire track with a pop dot to keep the card open how it should be.  A little trick I've found is to put some pieces of pop dot behind where the card is supposed to set as well to make sure it stays pushed forward.  Hope that makes sense.  If you need clarification, let me know.  I pop dotted the clouds and just used my black Zig pen to hand write the message.    For adhesives I used my ATG and my Zig Two Way Glue Pen, along with my Tombow Glue Pen (fine point).

This was a fun card to do for a boy.  I always find it more difficult to do something for boys, but this is one that will work for many different occasions!  Thanks all for checking it out.  I plan on entering some challenges if I can find any that call for birthday cards.  If you know of any, please let me know!  I'd appreciate it!

Thank you all for checking out my blog and don't forget to play along on Monday at the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog and wish Robin a Fantabulous Birthday too!  :0)

XO ~ Amy Jo

18 comments:

Lisa Norris said...

What cute cards! I love the flower...so pretty! Thanks so much for sharing!

Lisa N.
prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

The flower card is very pretty! The ATV card turned out great too! I am enjoying being on this FCCB design team with you!

Pedacinhos di Pano by Claudia said...

HI Amy

Beautiful your cards.
Thank you for joining the blog hop on my blog. Just missed you become a follower to participate in the candy. I await you become a follower soon.

HUg
Claudia

Debbi said...

Hi, Amy! Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog. I just love these cards you made!! My son would go nuts over the ATV card.
I'm already a follower. Thanks for following me!
*smiles*
debbi

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

What great cards! I love that flower and all the details are great...beautiful!

Kate said...

What wonderful cards! I'm sure that Robin and your nephew will both be thrilled. Just don't put them in the wrong envelopes!

Anonymous said...

Really pretty creations!! I love your masculine style stair step card!! Very clever and fun!! Thanks for dropping in my blog and hope you come back!! HUGS

Tammy said...

Thank you for leaving such a sweet comment. I sent you an email on the card fold. Also, wanted to make sure you enter into my 250 followers giveaway if you like...it is on my right sidebar.
Your cards are so cute....beautiful colors on the first and love the 4wheeler one too!
smiles...Tammy

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

I love the beautiful card Amy! and the card for your Nephew is fabulous too!!!! :)

Rhonda Emery said...

I love both of your cards but that flower on is so beautiful.

Paula said...

Your cards are awesome! Love the bright colors and the ATV is too cute! Thanks for stopping by blog over the weekend. Have a happy spring!!

Celeste B. said...

Beautiful job!!! I love the ATV/guys card!! So perfect (that's one of my favorite carts)! :) You did an amazing job, as always!! TFS! :)

Saundra said...

Great cards, Amy!

Hugs,
Saundra :)

Anonymous said...

Loving the boys easel card! awesome boy card!

Leanne said...

Lovely cards Amy!

Maquel said...

Your flower card is simply stunning!! I love the colors! And the boy card is so cute!! TFS!

Janet said...

Love the flower card very pretty.

Anonymous said...

I love your Happy Bday card! It is so fun and cheerful. Great job with the challenge!!!

Post a Comment