CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

My Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

FCCB Challenge Me Monday - #105 EGG-ceptional Easter

Good Morning my beautiful, wonderful friends,

Today is another Fantabulous Challenge Me Monday at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog (FCCB).  For this week's challenge we (you as well) were/are to create a project with an egg on it and of course you must always use a cut on your Cricut machine.  Now, if you used an SVG like I did today, just be sure to note that.  Please be sure to note any cartridges you may have used as well if you would like a chance to be chosen for the Top 5 or as our random weekly winner. :0)

I had so much fun with this project.  I actually had a fairly decent day on Saturday and got to watch movies all day with my wonderful husband, while working on my crafting.  Such a blessed day for me and so rare. :)  For my creation I used the Quacky Beans Pattern Set from my darling, Nikki (of Paper Piecings by Nikki's) STORE.  I just love this set, as I love all of Nikki's sets. ;)  She's just the best and has so many adorable new sets and even aps for your Android-based cell phone now.  I would be thrilled if you would visit the store, as well as her Facebook Fan Page as that's where all the action happens over there. :0)

Without further ado here is today's Challenge Me Monday project!  I like to use two pics, one with flash, one without so you can better see the details of certain elements.  :)



For this card, I used my Cricut Expression to cut my SVG file.  All colors of cardstock and patterned papers are from my stash.  I two colors of jute twine that I purchased online and some stickers from Recollections (I believe).  I cut the bottom and top of the pink cardstock with "Peaked" scissors to make them look sort of like the crack in the egg shell.  I also doodled on the inside of the card to match that as well.  Will have to post that pic a little later as my camera is not handy.

I inked the background of the pink cardstock with pink ink and loved the watermark effect it had so I stamped my little egg stamp with the same ink and used it as a background behind the chick.

I'd love it if you'd leave a comment and feel free to ask questions if you have any!  Thanks so much for stopping by today and don't forget to head to FCCB to enter your own project for Challenge Me Monday!

XO ~ Amy Jo

Challenges I'm entering this into are:

My Craft Spot - #50 Easter Challenge
Simply Create Too - Challenge #10 - Eggs and/or Bunnies
More Than Favors - #68 Easter/Spring Theme
Word Art Wednesday - Challenge #22 - Thank you so much, Karen, for inviting me to link up even though I did not use the sentiment.  I will be certain to do so for the next challenge.  I appreciate your encouraging words.  You seem like an incredibly sweet person and I'm so excited to get to know you and your challenge blog better. :0)

18 comments:

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Super cute card Amy Jo! That little chick is just adorable and that face...so cute! Love this card and happy to hear that you are feeling a bit better! Have a wonderful day!

Rhonda Emery said...

this is super cute love it.

Linda Simpson said...

Oh Amy this is just super cute. I love the design and the papers too.

Hugs
Linda xxx

ps please hop on over to my blog and read the post "Another Award" there is something there for you my friend :)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super cute! Nice papers!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Kate said...

This is so cute, Amy! I LOVE the face on your little chick.
And I'm thrilled to read that you had a good day on Saturday!! Hopefully, there are more and more of those for you. xox

Megan said...

This is adorable! I just ordered a Cameo and I am so excited to be able to cut SVG's! Love the papers you used!

Cindy Beland said...

Hi Amy,WOW your card is just ADORABLE!SUPER cute little chick and LOVE the great pattern paper,AWESOME job!Have a great evening!:)

Melissa said...

Your card is so adorable!!! I love your baby chick!! The colors your used are great!!
Melissa
scrappymacdesigns.blogspot.com

Cathie Rigby said...

So great! Love that you used patterned paper for the egg. TFS Cathie
www.creativecutterroom.com

Tammy said...

Love your card. The colors are just perfect.

Unknown said...

Hehehehehe!!! Just tooooo cute!!! I love the chick-a-dee's face!!!
Hope you are having a good day sweet friend.

Jillian said...

Aww what a cute card! I love the colors!

Lisa said...

Cute card Amy. I love it. The alice in wonderland patterns are from LSHD and also TBD has AIW patterns too. Did you know I am starting my own paper piecing company. Hope you will visit it when I get it open this week.

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Amy: Love your cute egg! Beautiful card. Glad you could join us at Simply Create Too for Challenge #10 – “Eggs and/or Bunnies”.

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com/

Karen Letchworth said...

Amy: This card is just SO darling! You have a creative talent for sure. I would also like to say that I am VERY sorry to hear of your Fibromyalgia being so severe. I will pray for you. It must be very difficult. I have back problems, and when it flares up, the pain can be awful. I often recite this verse out loud when my pain is real bad:
"Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise". Jeremiah 7:14
God has been SO faithful to give me the relief and joy I need in times when I hurt - physically and emotionally. I will think of you in prayer.
I also wanted to invite you to link this up and play along at my challenge blog:
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
There are great prizes each week, and we would be delighted to have you share your beautiful work with us any week you are able. You could link this project. We would just LOVE to have you.
Hope you're having a good week, and please let me know if I can pray for you - any time. Our blog is there to be an encouragement.
Blessings to you,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Jennifer said...

Thank you for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesdays this week! Such a cheerful card and I love how you used your twine! My mother-in-law also struggles with Fibro and I pray that you will find strength and rest in the Lord Jesus Christ!

Arcy Scraps said...

This is soo cute Amy Jo! I wish I could cut svgs with my cricut :( anywhoo but it turned out great! :)
P.s. hope you're feeling better! Sending best wishes your way
♥ Cyndy

Candy said...

Super cute card! Love that chick and the papers you used.
Thanks for playing along at My Craft Spot this week.
Candy
http://candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

Post a Comment