In my world, the days all run together. I guess since I don't have a full time job, I should be thankful that I don't have to worry about the normal things like getting up at a certain time and doing things on a certain time frame. It really can be a luxury to not have to be on a defined schedule, although, I do miss having a routine sometimes though.
Anyways, onto today's Challenge Me Monday.... Wait, first a totally silly side note. So I'm watching Shania Twain's new show and I told my husband how her husband cheated on her with her friend and Shania ended up falling in love with her friends' husband (who of course had also been cheated on) and you know what my husband said? He said "That don't impress me much". Ha ha ha ha! That was the funniest thing ever! Wonder how long it took him to think up that one? I dunno, but it truly was cute and funny! Now, onto the challenge!
For this challenge (yes, you are all invited to play along for prizes) at FCCB, we were asked to come up with a project for a teacher featuring the color red. Always on FCCB, the idea is to use some sort of a Cricut cut. I thought this would be more of a challenge for me since I have no young children or teachers in my life, but I happened to have just the perfect paper on hand! So here is my take!
#1 Teacher Front
#1 Teacher Inside of Card
I had a lot of fun with this one actually. I used Makin the Grade for the apples and the #1 Teacher part.
- Background paper, yellow & red cardstock & black corrugated paper from my stash
- Fabric border, brad and button from stash
- I used Stickles on the apple leaf, branch, and #1 Teacher
- I used Joann's awesome glue for the strip of fabric and just kindof squished it up a bit and put i on ther and adhered it a little better with the shiny red brad.
- Of course, pop dots - not sure if I've ever done a card without 'em! :0)
- Finally, I used my black zig pen to draw a border around the inside strip of paper
XO ~ Amy Jo